question

projecthyperdrive avatar image
projecthyperdrive asked

Register/Heartbeat/Deregister Server in Unity

I am using the new Thunderhead server hosting and have successfully integrated Matchmaking which seems to be working (Without actually allocating servers). I am having trouble figuring out how to actually register and deregister my server with PlayFab systems.

This may be pretty obvious but I can't seem to find anything in the Server or Client API giving with the Unity SDK to do this. I've noticed many people using the GameserverSDK namespace but this does not seem to be included in the Unity SDK. What am I missing here?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

You should use the Unity-specific GSDK for this (it's what we use). Get the PlayFabMultiplayerSDK.unitypackage from here, then follow the general GSDK instructions for C#. If you need more help, let me know!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

projecthyperdrive avatar image
projecthyperdrive answered

Thanks @Brandon Phillips! Managed to get the files I was needing :D

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.