question

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria asked

Errors with new GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams API

So I just switched to using the new API that allows us to request user data from the Login call, but it's failing for me. I really can't tell why it's failing, because it returns a 200 code, and the status says "OK", but the error message has all the data that should be returned to the API call.

For some reason, this is being sent to my OnCallbackError call, instead of the success call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

This has been resolved, so you will now receive both types of data correctly. Thanks again, and do let us know if you run into any other issues.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As with the other thread, this is addressed in the release notes for the SDK (https://api.playfab.com/releaseNotes#160705). In short, the initial release of that SDK version had an issue where compression did not always work. It was hot-fixed on July 8th, so if you update your SDK, you shouldn't see this issue anymore. Alternately, you can continue using the version you have if you disable compression (PlayFabSettings.CompressApiData = false;).

10 |1200

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria answered

Thanks for your answer @Brendan Vanous. I applied the temp fix because when I get the latest package from GIT, it has nothing new to import. I guess I need the actual source to apply the hotfix.

I'm hitting a new issue now, which is UserData and UserReadOnlyData are returning the same data, so I have no way to get UserReadOnlyData

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling this out - I've reproduced this issue and filed a bug against it, so this will be fixed shortly.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.