question

Hayk Shahparonyan avatar image
Hayk Shahparonyan asked

Crash when no internet connection

I have a blueprint setup to custom login with PlayFab

It was working fine, until I've tried shipping build. And then the game crashed with "fatal error" message.

After couple of hours of debugging I've found out that it crashes at "LoginWithCustomID" node, and the message in the logs

LogOutputDevice: Error: Invalid object referenced by the PersistentFrame: 0x000001bf6399e102 (Blueprint object: Blueprint /Game/NekoGhostJump/Core/Framework/BP_PlayFab.BP_PlayFab, ReferencingProperty: ObjectProperty /Script/PlayFab.PlayFabBaseModel:responseData, Instance: BP_PlayFab_C /Engine/Transient.GameEngine_0:BP_GameInstance_C_0.BP_PlayFab_C_0, Address: 0x000001bf5a6dc2e0) - If you have a reliable repro for this, please contact the development team with it.

The stack trace is the following:

It looks similar to UE-51952 which is not resolved and no one knows why it's happening.

Anyway I'll try to ask on Unreal answerhub too, and let you know if anything comes up.

unreal
bp.png (231.5 KiB)
crash.png (57.6 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi, in the meantime, could you share the reproduce steps for us to investigate? Including the complete blueprint that generated this error, versions of UE4 and PlayFab plugin. Thanks:)

0 Likes 0 ·
Hayk Shahparonyan avatar image Hayk Shahparonyan Citrus Yan commented ·

I've tried to reproduce it in a standalone project, with same blueprints, but it worked fine, so I can't reproduce it. Unfortunately can't send the original project. Here is a standalone project, so you can see blueprints:

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/y3sAwDLmdLGD5gw

As for versions:

PlayFab Marketplace plugin for Unreal Engine 4.24 Current API version: 1.31.200121 downloaded from github and accordingly Unreal Engine 4.24

Thanks for help

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Hayk Shahparonyan commented ·

We have checked the project you provided, the error can’t be reproduced when shipping building the project. It seems difficult to move forward on troubleshooting from PlayFab side. There is a discussion about a similar “Invalid object referenced by the PersistentFrame” error in that thread in Unreal Answerhub. You can refer to it and try to continue troubleshooting based on the suggestions on the Internet. If you make any progress, you can discuss it with us.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

Hi @Hayk Shahparonyan, the offline support for Unreal SDK is on-going, we have no ETA yet, please keep an eye on our SDK release note. I just forwarded your details to product team for investigation. If you have any business impact with this issue, please let us know. Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robinzinser avatar image
robinzinser answered

Hi @Hayk Shahparonyan we've actually encountered the exact same issue. After reproducing and tracking the issue down (more or less) we found out that the crashes happen due to how the AuthenticationContext is handled.

An easy workaround for this is to use playfab in C++ as shown in the tutorials of the documentation section. This way the faulty AuthenticationContext blueprint integration isnt used anymore and no further crashes will happen - at least for us it worked out like this :)

Hope this helps others, encountering the same error

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.