question

Paulo avatar image
Paulo asked

How to log in PlayFab on game launched from Xsolla Launcher

Hi,

I'm trying to log in PlayFab on our game by using some login parameters sent by Xsolla Launcher.

As far as I understand, the Launcher allows to log in directly on PlayFab, returning a PlayFab token or log in through Xsolla and then receiving a Xsolla Login JWT (JSON Web Token).

My question is, how to use either to have the player auto log in in game on PlayFab? Can Xsolla Login JWT be used to log in with PlayFab's LoginWithOpenIdConnect function (or something else)?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xsolla Support avatar image
Xsolla Support answered

Hello,

Allow us to help here. You would need to configure the project in the Xsolla Publisher Account.

1. Go to Publisher Account > your Login project > General settings.
  2. In the User data storage block, select PlayFab.
  3. Enter a Title IDfrom your PlayFab account.

After user is authorized by username and password Xsolla Login server generates a user JWT, while:

• The PlayFabId value from the response to the LoginWithEmailAddress request is written to the external_account_id parameter.
  • The SessionTicket value from the response to the LoginWithEmailAddress request is written to the session_ticket parameter.

More details about Playfab integration can be found in the documentation.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paulo avatar image Paulo commented ·

Thank you. With Xsolla support I also found out that PlayFab Session Ticket now comes from --xsolla-login-token param by having use_playfab_id_in_store on.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xsolla Support avatar image
Xsolla Support answered

@Jay Zuo Xsolla JWT is secure solution. We do not use Login user ID as custom ID for Playfab LoginWithCustomID method, so if someone else even knows the Login user ID it will not lead to anything.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.