question

anuwat avatar image
anuwat asked

How can i show all player in the leaderboard,How can i show all the player in the leaderboard?

As a player i would want to see how many player are in the leaderboard and i would want to see where i am. Its possible now to show all the player?

e.g. the game has 10000 player register for the leaderboard and im place 9999 and my friends is place 2 so i want to see where i am and where my friends are.

so if is possible to show all the player in the same leaderboard how can i do that?

I know this was already created but since is 2 years old i would want to know if its possible now to show all the player in the leaderboard.

e.g. we have 100000 player in the leaderboard and im place 99999 i would want to see who is place 100000 and who is the first place as well.

is this possible now and if yes how can we show that?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anuwat avatar image
anuwat answered

Ok so i can only show a few player but i can show the exacly position they really are in the global leaderboard? i mean if i´m place 8765 from 10000 then i can show my place and e.g. 10 over and 10 below me so from 8755 to 8775 with me in the middle? is this possible?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Client API GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer and Server API GetLeaderboardAroundUser can be used for it. You can click the links for their API references.

0 Likes 0 ·
anuwat avatar image anuwat commented ·

thx that help me very much

0 Likes 0 ·
Em Lazer-Walker avatar image
Em Lazer-Walker answered

As far as I'm aware it's not possible to grab the entire leaderboard in one go. Two options that might work for you:

1. In my game Flappy Royale (https://flappyroyale.io), we split the leaderboard up into two halves: we show you the top N players, and then the N players around where you are. It's not exactly what you want, but it might be an acceptable compromise — it's also fairly easy to do, since that's just two separate API calls to fetch the top of the leaderboard and then the leaderboard surrounding the player.

2. Show a leaderboard with pagination/lazy loading. Say you show the top 100 players at first, then if the player chooses to scroll down, you can fire off another network request to grab the next 100 and render them.

1 comment
10 |1200

anuwat avatar image anuwat commented ·

thx the first idea is very good and we will do like that

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.