question

Falcon Land avatar image
Falcon Land asked

Automatic rewards after leaderboard reset

Hi. Is there a way how to give players rewards after the leaderboards is reset? It is very nice that you have added automatical reset for leaderboards(hourly,daily,weekly etc.) However the usual case in many games(ours included) after the leaderboards is reset the top players will recieve somw kind of reward. For now we simply give the rewards to players manualy. However this is very time consuming and also not usable for short reset periods(like hours or a day) othwise one would do nothing other than sending rewards to player. Therefor it would be terrific for us if there would be also an option to send players rewards for their placement after the leaderboards is reset, automaticaly sent to the players inventory . What do you thinik? Thanks.Jan.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks @albertovila for bumping this one back up. Yes, since this question was originally asked and answered, we've added Prize Tables, which allow you to define prizes that are automatically distributed to top players in the leaderboard when it is reset: https://blog.playfab.com/blog/new-feature-prize-tables

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We've currently set up the resetting leaderboards to provide you with the means to get the past leaderboards from S3, so that you can do exactly that. It's also possible to automate retrieval of that data, so you could conceivably set up a process which grabs the leaderboards and calls the appropriate Grant operations to give out rewards. However, I do agree that it would be easier if you had a more direct means of doing so. What I would recommend is adding a post with your idea to the Feature Requests forum, so that others can vote on it, and potentially get it prioritized.

10 |1200

Falcon Land avatar image
Falcon Land answered

Thanks for your answer. I have no experience with Amazon S3 or other Amazon services or any knowledge how to use Playfab together with Amazon services. So the best shot for me I guess is to post this to Feature Request forum and cross my fingers to get this implemented in future :)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It actually works the same way that our Content system does. When you call GetPlayerStatisticVersions, you get a URL for the old statistic version data (assuming it has completed archiving). You would then retrieve it the way we describe in this write-up: https://playfab.com/how-use-playfabs-content-management-api/

10 |1200

gamespireorg avatar image
gamespireorg answered

Hello all! Is there still no easy way to do that? I want simply make something like this in moment of reseting of leaderboard:

if (place_in_leaderbord < 100)

another_stat += 10;

if (value_in_leaderbord > 1000)

another_stat += 10;

Hello all! Is there still no easy way to do that?

I want simply make something like this in moment of reseting of leaderboard:

if (place_in_leaderbord < 100)

another_stat += 10;

if (value_in_leaderbord > 1000)

another_stat += 10;

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered
@gamespireorg

Currently, you would need to use the method described above. We do have a backlog item to make the most recent previous leaderboard available for query, but we don't have that work scheduled yet, so I'm afraid I can't give you a date for that.

10 |1200

albertovila avatar image
albertovila answered

Is there still no easy way to do that?

10 |1200

loopan avatar image
loopan answered

Is there still no easy way to do that?

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, please see the answer above (from July 22,2017).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.