question

sballew7 avatar image
sballew7 asked

How can I implement a shared group inventory?

Hello,

I have yet to find resources that discuss a shared group inventory. Shared group data might work, but it isn't really tied to the catalog and doesn't offer all the niceties ifof an inventory api.

Another option I'm considering is just querying all the inventories of all players in the group, and presenting it as a shared inventory. This might get messy under the hood.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Shared Group DataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We do plan to implement a guild system in a future update which will provide for group inventories. Right now, you are correct that inventory is tied to an individual player (or one of the player's characters). If you want to implement a workaround for now, I would have to recommend using Shared Group Data to track on the items that each player has, so that you're not having client try to issue inventory requests across all the other players. Use a Key to represent each player, using their PlayFab ID, and encode the items they want to share in their inventory in the Value. You could then use Cloud Script to "remove" the item from one player and grant it to another, so that you still would have a reasonably secure way to control moving the inventory around (if that's necessary). If that doesn't cover your need for this feature, can you describe your requirements in more detail?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sballew7 avatar image sballew7 commented ·

Thank you, that workaround will achieve what I'm trying to do. I look forward to the guild feature.

Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

Hello I don't think this was every done? Correct?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.