question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Why can't I see accounts I just created in the Players tab?

Brendan Vanous
started a topic on Sat, 15 August 2015 at 1:15 PM

Question from a developer:

I just created a player in my game, but I'm not seeing him in the Game Manager Players tab. How can I see my players?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Sat, 15 August 2015 at 1:15 PM

The table shown in the Players tab is driven by a Redshift query. Due to the delay in data being available in Redshift, there can be up to a 15 minute delay in players showing in that table. However, your player data is immediately available via any search mechanism.

The data used to load your players when calling API methods is all stored in DynamoDB, and is available immediately via those API calls. The same is true when you type in the Username, Title Display Name, Email Address, or PlayFab ID of a player in the Players tab - you'll be able to get to their account immediately after creation.

Brendan

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Sat, 15 August 2015 at 1:15 PM

The table shown in the Players tab is driven by a Redshift query. Due to the delay in data being available in Redshift, there can be up to a 15 minute delay in players showing in that table. However, your player data is immediately available via any search mechanism.

The data used to load your players when calling API methods is all stored in DynamoDB, and is available immediately via those API calls. The same is true when you type in the Username, Title Display Name, Email Address, or PlayFab ID of a player in the Players tab - you'll be able to get to their account immediately after creation.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.