question

joakim-kalmar avatar image
joakim-kalmar asked

Storing Image avatar

I have been building a game for a half year and I have managed to complete tasks with only cloud-script. But when it comes to profile pictures, it seems that I now have to do something different. I want to continue keeping thing simple and do not want a custom playfab server only for handling profile pictures. I already have a node.js server running and therefore wondering if this solution is okey

1. Client posts byte image and playfab session ticket to custom Node.JS server running PlayFab NodeSDK.
  2. Server validates client ticket and image. Then stores posted image in S3 Bucket.
  3. Returns image address to client.
  4. Client stores address in PlayFabs profile data.

Thanks for helping me out.

apissdksShared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I think your solution is fine. By the way, you can have the Node.JS server store the Avatar URL in PlayFab as well, which leaves out step 4.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.