question

Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image
Matthew Miskiewicz asked

"objects_updated" events periodically flooding Playstream

I'm seeing that every so often, from 10 to 50 of these events will come streaming in for a player. They seem to be caused by actions affecting entity objects (as the name suggests). What is confusing, is that these entity-affecting actions generate other events, under names like "entity_objects_set". The "entity_objects_set" event will appear in the Playstream at the time when the associated cloudscript api is used. The "objects_updated" events all come in later at one time, together.

It's not really a problem for me, but I want to make sure this isn't a (problematic or bad) side effect of how I'm doing things!

entities
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please provide a screenshot or TitleId so we can try to check the details?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image Matthew Miskiewicz Sarah Zhang commented ·

Sure thing! Title Id: A021C

Picture from a players event history:

https://gyazo.com/e4e7beee8a6615900042ed51b5979b19

It seems to happen for every player at some point or another, so if you check the event history for an active player you will likely see the issue pretty quickly.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can click the small triangle in the left of the [Event History] entry to check the event details of these "objects_updated" events. According to this detailed info, it looks like most of them are created by the event that updating the object data whose name is “Lock”. The “timestamps” of the “Lock” object were updated so frequently. Could you check the corresponding code about updating “Lock” object?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image Matthew Miskiewicz commented ·

Hi Sarah,

Yes, many of these events are updating the Lock object, and it is working properly. What I'm wondering about, is that there appear to be duplicate Playstream events logged every time an Entity Object is affected. Here is an example...check title player, "39BFCB97E50E68A1" events at January 15, 2020 6:35 AM and January 15, 2020 6:46 AM (EST). The first is the "entity_objects_set" event, and is triggered from a cloudscript event which can be seen directly next to it in the playstream. This particular event is updating the "Summary" object for the player. The player then logs out at 6:35 pm. A series of "objects_updated" events then come in at 6:46, while the player is logged out. One of these event has duplicate payload to the event at 6:35...in fact, all of these events have duplicate payloads to previously executed entity api calls.

There are no corresponding cloudscript calls around these events (which is only way this object should be updated: by the player who owns it calling a cloudscript), and what more, the event does not indicate a cloudscript origin.

So I was just hoping to understand what these duplicate events are.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Matthew Miskiewicz commented ·

“object_updated” is the default event generated by PlayFab, which means the object completes an update. Every “entity_objects_set” event will correspond to an “object_updated” event. Generally, “object_updated” events will appear with the “entity_objects_set” events. When there are too many update requests for the object at the same time, it will be delayed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image Matthew Miskiewicz Sarah Zhang commented ·

Ok, got it. That's what I was suspecting, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.