question

SncI avatar image
SncI asked

Unreal engine 4 guide,Unreal Engine 4 tutorial

hi I just started and I'm using unreal engine 4 - Can you show me in detail where to start? -Unreal engine 4 quick start after what should I do - My goal is to increase XP at the end of the game and after leveling the player's inventory will come to the safe and skins will be - Thank you now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Have you finished reading the official tutorials on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unreal/quickstart?

There are many ways to achieve XP functionality, and either Player Read-only Data, Virtual Currency or Statistics can be used to store XP, they are different resources in PlayFab with different features. You need to choose one and call corresponding API to update it. Normally, I will suggest Player Read-only Data because the others have less sufficient limits.

After a level is complete, it will be better to call Cloud Script function via ExecuteCloudScript API call to update player’s XP or any items as rewards, and clients will upload required data as parameters to the Cloud Script, where verification work will be done to avoid cheating/abusive uses. After that, UpdateUserReadOnlyData and GrantItemsToUser Server API can be called.

If you are not familiar with PlayFab API, we highly recommend you to use RESTful API testing tools like Postman to learn the usage.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.