question

Jeremy Rigaud avatar image
Jeremy Rigaud asked

Reflexion around Player Statistics

Hi,

I'm working on a game with competitive and seasonal mechanics

since PlayerStatistic is only an "array of int" how can can I manage Past season statc for a player and float value ?
I was thinking of using Player Title Data with Json field for that, with an attribute per season

what do you think ?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> since PlayerStatistic is only an "array of int" how can I manage Past season statc for a player?

PlayerStatistic can also store the history of player statistics. If no versions are specified in the request body, when you call Server or Client API GetPlayerStatistics to retrieve the indicated statistics for a specific player, the current version and values will be returned. If you specify the statistics version, you will get the corresponding values of the specified versions.

>> how can I manage float value?

You can try to let your float values multiply by the power of ten to participate in the PlayFab Leaderboard. When you need to show the float number, you can restore them.

>> I was thinking of using Player Title Data with Json field for that, with an attribute per season

You can use Player Read-Only data to manage the other attached info of statistics, like ranks or achievements. History statistics can be achieved by PlayFab statistics. You can check the doc Leaderboards for more info about PlayFab statistics.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeremy Rigaud avatar image Jeremy Rigaud commented ·

Using Statistics version will be great for Seasonal Statistics

Version can be equal to 0 or less than 0 ? (yeah for tricky usage)
In Character Statistics there is also a versioning ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Jeremy Rigaud commented ·

>> Version can be equal to 0 or less than 0 ? (yeah for tricky usage)

The version number can be equal to 0 but not less than 0. The version number will increase from 0, the previous version of the current version will have the maximum version number.

>> In Character Statistics there is also a versioning ?

Statistics version is targeted for the leaderboards, it has nothing to do with characters or players. In a word, the statistic always has versions as long as this feature is used.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy Rigaud avatar image Jeremy Rigaud Sarah Zhang commented ·

@Sarah Zhang Thanks for clarification

About Characters Statistics versions, we can Imagine a game Like Overwatch the player have some Character and each Ranking Season is a version, so we can know the statistics for Character in a specifics Player, that's for fixed Character

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.