question

Mohammed Alsebea avatar image
Mohammed Alsebea asked

Unreal Engine Get files blueprint ?

Hello,

If anyone can help me with UE4 blueprints I want to get files from my file management in playfab with a blueprint I search the doc but can't find anything. Here some pictures and if anyone can provide project templet that will be helpful thx.

unreal
capture.png (87.8 KiB)
capture1.png (323.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Turner avatar image
Turner answered

The GetFiles node you are using is to get Entity Files. Here is the Quickstart on how to get files that have been stored in File Management. In that quick start, if you go to the Fetching Assets part, you can see 2 steps. The first step is to get the URL to download your asset from, the second step is to create a HTTP Get Request. Unforunately, here is no built-in node that will do that second step, so you will have to make it yourself.

Here is an example on how to do the first step.
howtodownloadfilesfromcdn.png

If it doesn't matter, it might be easier to see if you can use EntityFiles. Then you would use that GetFiles node.

Hopefully that helps you get started.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mohammed Alsebea avatar image Mohammed Alsebea commented ·

Hello Turner,

First of all, thank you for replying and for clearing that for me.

but I sill have some problem if you can help me when I use URL node it always fail for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture55.png (409.1 KiB)
capture44.png (57.5 KiB)
Mohammed Alsebea avatar image Mohammed Alsebea Mohammed Alsebea commented ·

So if anyone has the same problem as Maine above I solved by changing the download URL node from server to client (There are two download URL node just make sure you are using the clinet one )

0 Likes 0 ·
Mohammed Alsebea avatar image Mohammed Alsebea commented ·

But now when I use the get files node it goes to failer. I can access the URL but wich node i supposed to put it in. since @Turner said there are no HTTP Get Request ready mode node I used the get files but still can not figure it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture69.png (461.7 KiB)
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Mohammed Alsebea commented ·

GetFiles is used for retrieving file metadata from an entity's profile, which is not for CDN. Therefore, like Turner said, you should make up a HTTP Get Request node yourself.

This doc might help you with that: UE4.10 How To Make HTTP GET Request in C++

1 Like 1 ·
Turner avatar image Turner Citrus Yan commented ·

Thanks Citrus!

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.