question

Dom Khomsan Bangbor avatar image
Dom Khomsan Bangbor asked

HI, I just wonder if i have to Enable server API in unity EdEx if i use/call cloud scripts in my code? thanks ,HI, i just wonder if i have to Enable server API in the unity EdEx if i use/call cloud scripts in my code? Thanks

apisCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

No, that won’t be necessary. You can use the client API Client/ExecuteCloudScript to call CloudScript in your code, which is PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript(...) in Unity SDK.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dom Khomsan Bangbor avatar image Dom Khomsan Bangbor commented ·

Hi, thanks for the your answer. I just forgot to ask if the Client API is Safer then Server API (I may understand the whole concept wrong , correct me please) If the client API is not that safe. how can i improve my security for my game that is like endless runner game(in this case what can i do?). Tanks again. I just want to make everything sure and secure and good before i lunch my game. @Citrus Yan

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Dom Khomsan Bangbor commented ·

The fact is that you may not prevent players from calling the Client API ExecuteCloudScript but you can make sure that they are not abusing your game by adding some checking/validation logic in your CloudScript code. The key idea is that the Client API ExecuteCloudScript offers players an interface to CloudScript function, however, it's up to you whether to execute that logic for the player or not.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.