question

battlepolygon avatar image
battlepolygon asked

Matchmaker / StartGame API error after connecting steam

Hello. After connecting Steam, the server throws me. There is one error in the logs

"LobbyId":["No ExternalMatchmakerEndpoint associated with the game. This API may only be used with games started with the Matchmaker/StartGame API."]

Without Steam, I can go to the server and play

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

battlepolygon avatar image battlepolygon commented ·

If you enter the game through the console, it gives this error. If there are no errors through the open level, but then it does not enter at all.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang battlepolygon commented ·

Do you mean you use Steam MatchMaking and get this error? Could you provide more detailed error info? For example, when you get the error which API, which API did you call? Could you provide some possible reproduced steps?

0 Likes 0 ·
battlepolygon avatar image battlepolygon Sarah Zhang commented ·

I had standard playfab registration. And it worked. As soon as I connect the plugins Online Subsystem Steam and AdvancedSessions, I go under the steam account, I will not be allowed to the server. It just throws it out. Although I see the game has created.

Another such moment. If the input is through the console, it is thrown from the server, and the API error in the logs, if the input is through the open level, there is no error. and does not enter the server.

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (186.5 KiB)
2.png (218.4 KiB)

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

According to your descriptions and this error message, do you mean you can send the request via API PlayerJoined successfully before you log in with Steam? After your client log in PlayFab with Steam, the response of this API call Player Joined contains the error messages "LobbyId":["No ExternalMatchmakerEndpoint associated with the game. This API may only be used with games started with the Matchmaker/StartGame API."]?

If so, this issue actually is not associated with Steam. This API Player Joined is not designed for clients, it is used to inform the PlayFab game server hosting service that the indicated user has joined the Game Server Instance specified. It should be called on the server. Even if it returns 200, its response won’t contain the IP Address and Server port. It can’t help clients connect to the server. Once your clients log in, PlayFab Settings will capture the Session Ticket(Unique token authorizing the user and game at the server level, for the current session.) for the player. Sometimes it will affect the results of Server API call. And it is not recommended to call Server API on the clients.

A recommended solution is to call Client API Matchmake to help clients connect to the servers not call Player Joined. Matchmake attempts to locate a game session matching the given parameters. If the goal is to match the player into a specific active session, only the LobbyId is required. You can refer to the following request body to let users who have logged in connect to a specific game.

{  

"LobbyId": "[YourLobbyId]"

}
7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Very interesting and nothing is clear. And how can I then log in via Steam?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Good support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.