question

Victor Burgos avatar image
Victor Burgos asked

Leaderboard limits? No where does it say this.

So, we moved away from another API because this looked like a great deal for us when it came to using Leaderboards (essentially it's free).

It's a small indie game with leaderboards for each levels. We have 36 total levels planned. Well...today I'm adding in more levels and it seems I have hit some random limit that came out of nowhere.

How do we get the limit lifted so we can add in the remaining leaderboards. Thanks!

apisLeaderboards and Statisticslimits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can navigate to [Game Manager]->[Title Settings]->[Limits] or https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[YourTitleId]/limits to check the limits of your title. Generally, for free tier, the limit of Player statistics is 25 statistic names, it means the title can have 25 leaderboards at most. You can navigate to https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[YourTitleId]/limits/Statistics/PlayerStatisticDefinitionsCount to upgrade the plan of statistic’s limit. Or you can upgrade the title tier directly, generally the indie tier can have 300 statistic names. You can click the ellipsis on the right of [Game Studio] column to find [Upgrade] button.

More questions about upgrading tiers, please navigate to the contact page for the supports.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Victor Burgos avatar image Victor Burgos commented ·

Thank you very much for your reply. I won't lie, I am very disappointed and feel misled a bit after putting a lot of time and effort into implementing PlayFab into our game.

I'd like to point out that "Indie" and "$100/mo" usually don't go together. Everyone cries about Adobe and Autodesk and the subscription movement...but neither of them go that far.

Autodesk's "Indie" tier is $250/year for full version or $30/mo for LT

It seems like there's an opportunity to relook at some of the limits in the Free Tier in 2020.

Regardless, looking at the upgrade plan for just statistics, there's only 3 options.

1. The current free option at 25 (FREE)
  2. 100 statistic names ($19.99/100k MAU)
  3. 500 statistic names ($49.99/100k MAU)

The jump from 25 to 100... It'd be nice to have a middle ground there (50/$10). Same for 100-500. I mean, give us more options. At 500, that's half the Indie Tier...and you get a whole lot more with that.

Some examples:

• 75 for $14.99
  • 150 for $24.99
  • 250 for $29.99

I would love to continue working with PlayFab not only for our game that is set to release this year but with future games that I develop. But I have to be smart with my money thinking about how many years of support is needed

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Victor Burgos commented ·

In addition, even if you have upgraded to the indie tier, it will be free during development until you get to 1,000 Monthly Active Users (MAU). You can check the pricing page for more information about PlayFab Pricing. If you have more questions about upgrading tiers, please navigate to the contact page for the supports.

0 Likes 0 ·
kamyker avatar image
kamyker answered

Api based pricing would solve this issue, vote here: https://community.playfab.com/idea/37116/usage-based-pricing-leaderboards-and-others-like-i.html

I also can't use playfab leaderboards as my game have 300+ community leaderboards (right now from Steam). Per leaderboards count pricing doesn't make sense for small leaderboards even in Indie/pro tier.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.