question

bbekec avatar image
bbekec asked

Leaderboard and last login date

Hello, I m using leaderboard for my game.

In my game, there is a TOP 100 section which shows leaderboard highest values of players with their display name.

In the game, players generally cannot raise their scores and scores are less then 0. Their score are shown as negative in TOP 100.

Beside this, Some players are playing the game just 1 time and then they dont play again. In this case their score shown at the top.

To prevent this, I changed my script. First, i m getting top 100 scores from Playfab (GetLeaderboard) and in local I'm filtering the list with last login date which is equals current date. Thanks to this, I can filter the leaderboard but in this case, I m loosing some players scores.

1 - So, I need to get the filtered leaderboard by last login equals to current date from the server.

2 - In addition to this, when i filtered the list as i mentioned above, beause of timestamp, I can not show the players between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

Any help for this please?

Thanks.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Reset leaderboard periodically should be another feasible solution (reset for each new game season).

For your questions

1. Currently, Leaderboard doesn’t support filter functions on server side.
  2. I am not sure why you cannot show the players between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock. PlayFab is using UTC. Is it caused by the time zone?

As I have mentioned above, the current Leaderboard system doesn’t support sub-leaderboard feature. We have been working on the new Leaderboard system, but there is not ETA. Please also feel free to send a feature request in the forum.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bbekec avatar image bbekec commented ·

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

Actually i think that my second problem is related to first one. I will try to find a solution for it.

"Reset leaderboard periodically should be another feasible solution (reset for each new game season)."

Can you a little explain this to me? Can i reset leaderboard daily?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ bbekec commented ·

Game season is a good concept and for example, players will do ranking matches until the end of a season. The time span of a season is defined by you, normally it can be a month. During the end of a season, you can send out leaderboard rewards, reset the ranking, meanwhile, those inactive players won't appear in the new season's leaderboard. Hence you don't need to worry about the above issues you have mentioned.

And yes, you can reset leaderboard daily(PlayFab is capable of doing it), but the key question is what's the scenario. If you want a leaderboard to reset and send out rewards every day. Surely it is reasonable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.