question

Rafael Souza avatar image
Rafael Souza asked

How to login in a user account

One of my user is having problems with his account, some data seems to be corrupted and the game is crashing, I can't see what is it from the logs.

Would be great if I could log in his account to see the problem at close, is it possible? he logs in with his facebook.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @Rafael Souza,

Please let me rephrase your problem first and correct me if I misunderstood anything: you want to log into the user’s account in order to debug the crashing issue at close directly in your game client’s project, is that right? If that’s the case, then I think it’s quite a safe and fast way to do it as long as you delete the custom Id after finished right away.

Moreover, you can also consider utilizing ServerCustomId to do the job, however, this entails enabling server APIs in the game client during debugging, which is probably more cumbersome comparing to CustomId but surely is more safer because players won’t stand a chance of accessing it. Here are the three APIs you may be interested in:

LinkServerCustomId

LoginWithServerCustomId

UnlinkServerCustomId

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rafael Souza avatar image
Rafael Souza answered

I did it with Custom ID login.

Find the user account on Playfab, add a custom ID, login using it and delete the custom ID after finished.

Is there a better way to do it?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.