question

Martin avatar image
Martin asked

CreateMatchmakingTicket fails with error code 1039 (UnknownError) saying An unknown error occurred.

Hi

I'm having issues creating tickets on a matchmaking queue. I managed to successfully create a ticket once, but haven't changed the code, and it seems to fail every time now. I'm submitting the ticket to

https://846DB.playfabapi.com/Match/CreateMatchmakingTicket

The Ticket is:

{
	"Creator": 
	{
		"Attributes": 
		{
			"DataObject": 
			{
				"Latencies": 
				[{
				"	Region": "EastUs",
					"Latency": 150
				}]
			}
		},
		"Entity": 
		{
			"Id": "FFF75380A544CE81",
			"Type": "title_player_account"
		}
	},
	"GiveUpAfterSeconds": 120,
	"QueueName": "FFA"
}

But all I get in response is an unknown error response with code 1039 "An unknown error has occurred".

What could be the problem here? Its strange as the request succeeded once, but all subsequent requests have failed. I've tried both with and without server allocation and region selection rules, (obviously removing the Latencies when not using the rules) but all I get is this unknown error response

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please provide a screenshot of the complete error messages and error details? Besides, could you provide the Queue configuration of "FFA", possible reproduced steps to help us reproduce the issue in our testing titles?

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin avatar image Martin Sarah Zhang commented ·

This was the result of the call I made in code.

This is the Queue Setup. The request is exactly as shown

0 Likes 0 ·
result.png (9.5 KiB)
queuesetup.png (67.8 KiB)

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

A possible reason that causes the 1039 unknown error is that you set the “Attribute Path” as “$.”. In the Region Selection Rule, one “Latency” attribute is required, if the attribute path is set as “$.”, it will return an unknown error.

About the reason for “request succeeded once, but all subsequent requests have failed.”. Firstly, after you change the “Attribute Path” to “$.”, then click [SAVE QUEUE] button, until the queue configuration is completely updated on the server, there is a little delay during this process. So, the first request used the previous configuration of this queue. Secondly, after the server has received the latest queue configuration, it will return the error, and this queue which has the same name will can’t be updated again until you change the queue name. So, even if you change the “Attribute Path” as “Latency” or do other attempts, because the queue keeps an unchanging queue name, actually its configuration is not updated. When doing normal modification to the queue configuration. This type of situation won’t happen.

Hence, a possible solution is to modify the “Attribute Path” to “Latencies” with modifying the “Queue Name” to ”FFA01”, then click the “SAVE QUEUE” button. The queue “FFA01” will be normal, and you can also restore the name to “FFA” later.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin avatar image Martin commented ·

Thanks, I think its sorted now

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.