question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

There's no LoginWithGameCenter?

Grogshotgames
started a topic on Mon, 27 July 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi, I read on an old post that you were removing and updating the GameCenter requests. Are there any news on this matter?
I need to use all the GameCenter related features for my upcoming game.

Regards,

Alberto

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

3 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Mon, 27 July 2015 at 4:59 PM

Hi Alberto,

You can still use the old Game Center login, if you want to - we never entirely remove anything live titles are using, since that would be a breaking change. That said, we expect the updated version (which uses the full server-to-server auth system) to be available in August, if that works for you.

Brendan

Grogshotgames said on Tue, 28 July 2015 at 3:12 AM

Well, when I try to use LoginWithGameCenterRequest or LoginWithGameCenter, it says that there is no defined method so I guess that it has been removed from the SDK.

Yes, if the update is available in August, that'll be great becuase I plan to release the game in September!

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 29 July 2015 at 10:33 AM

If anyone needs it, we can get you the example code you can plug into our SDK, to use the old Game Center login. But yes, I would recommend using our updated version as soon as it is released.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.