question

Robert Bechara avatar image
Robert Bechara asked

Get unique data from all players in my current game

Hello,

I am developing a puzzle game, where the player can create a custom level and post it to the server so that other players can try to beat it. So I am a bit confused about how and where can I get them all.

I am currently saving the player's custom levels in his/her PlayerData (Title).

I am assuming that I should use the cloud script, yet it is still unclear how to do that...

If someone can guide me in the right direction it would be awesome.

Thanks in Advance.

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tuomas Karmakallio avatar image
Tuomas Karmakallio answered

Set field permission to public and request with GetUserData?

Maybe you can create a dummy player called LevelMaster who holds the lists of accessible level, by invoking cloudscripts, not 100% sure if that would work. If it doesn't, you might need to have some server running to populate a database with the necessary information about users who have created levels, not sure if playfab can do it all for you in cloudscript.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/server/player-data-management/getuserdata?view=playfab-rest

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Robert Bechara avatar image Robert Bechara commented ·

Thx toumaskarmakallio for the replay, I will try this technique. It seems feasible and logical.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I believe the method tuomaskarmakallio has mentioned is a feasible solution that is worth a try. The feature you are talking about is UGC, which is under development by the PlayFab team, however, I cannot tell the ETA. You can use work around solution before this feature is in General Availability.

1 comment
10 |1200

Robert Bechara avatar image Robert Bechara commented ·

Hey SethDu,

Thx you for the replay and the update.

Hopefully, the UGC wouldn't take much time. And good to know that the team is working on this feature :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.