question

radekpibil avatar image
radekpibil asked

Matchmaking preview queue stats

Hello,

Id like to ask whether there is anything else that I have to do to be able to retrieve queue stats from the playfabs matchmaking system in the game client, apart from checking the box in the queue settings. Is that even implemented already? The implmentation of the matchmaking system seems usable, so Im wondering, if there isnt anything else wrong.

Best,

Radek

apisMatchmaking
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Do you mean that you cannot get statistics after the options in queue settings have been checked when call GetQueueStatistics API? I don't think there is any other places for this configuration besides check boxes in Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
radekpibil avatar image radekpibil Seth Du ♦ commented ·

"Show the time to match statistics" is checked, but "TimeToMatchStatisticsInSeconds" is not set, after the GetQueueStatistics request returns. So yes. "NumberOfPlayersMatching" is also checked, but present, so the only issue is with the times. I think Ill check the actual HTTP response. Might be something in the SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok, same settings, a day later and the statistics are there. I dont know what happened server side. So I guess we can close this. Thanks for the attention.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have done more tests and it matches what this documentation has mentioned in Retrieving statistics section:These values are aggregated and updated over time. It is not intended to provide real-time tracking of a queue's statistics.

The normal response will be like:

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "NumberOfPlayersMatching": 0,
        "TimeToMatchStatisticsInSeconds": {
            "Average": 27.4965,
            "Percentile50": 4.001,
            "Percentile90": 51.007,
            "Percentile99": 51.007
        }
    }
}

In terms of TimeToMatchStatisticsInSeconds, it will be displayed when the option is checked. However, there will be latency of display and in the meantime, this data will be reset after some time. Hence, when I try to get this data the next day, this property is not included in the callback result. I have created 2 tickets and let them match to generate the statistic. After the tickets are matched, it still takes few minutes to get this property.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Meanwhile, to test NumberOfPlayersMatching, you may create only one matchmaking ticket, with a long timeout time:

"GiveUpAfterSeconds": 1000,<br>

to keep it in wait for match state.

then after few minutes you may get the right statistics:

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "NumberOfPlayersMatching": 1
    }
}<br>

(I am using another queue so TimeToMatchStatisticsInSeconds is not displayed.)

0 Likes 0 ·

If you are paid tier user, please feel free to create a support ticket if you have any business impact casued by this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok, so if I understand it correctly. TimeToMatchStatisticsInSeconds is present if and only if the data could be constructed from is present and there is about 5 minute latency. If there was noone in the queue, the value will not be present and that explains the behavior. Thank you.

1 Like 1 ·
radekpibil avatar image
radekpibil answered

So its even worse. Its unreliable. Its not there again.

5 comments
10 |1200

Have you changed and changed back during these times. Because the configuration may take time to apply. Hence, multiple change attempts will be applied eventually but with different time. I suggest you keep it unchanged until the behavior matches the configuration.

0 Likes 0 ·

No, I have not. In between the change of behavior, I have not touched a single setting in the queue. I have changed the setting the day before and not touched it since.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ radekpibil commented ·

What's the title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
radekpibil avatar image radekpibil commented ·

BA504 . hypothetical: what should the server return, if there has been no one in the queue for a while? Is it supposed to return 0s or NaNs in the statistics?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.