question

Martin avatar image
Martin asked

Unable to find assets in deployed build

Hi

I'm having an issue at the moment, I've uploaded a build, which has been run on a server under the c:\assets folder. It goes into an unhealthy state with lack of heartbeat when I deploy the server. I have tried to connect to the VM to look at the logs and debug the problem, but when I connect to the machine via RDP, I see that the c:\assets folder is not there.

I have checked that the correct .zip file is uploaded, and does have the correct game files in there, but there is nothing on the server. Is there something I'd doing wrong with the upload? How can I find the game and log files over RDP?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin avatar image
Martin answered

I did find my game folder, it was in the directory:

D:\ExtAssets\SH0\A0

The heartbeat problem was because the server was crashing due to an unrelated issue, but I've fixed that now, just needed to get the logs to figure it out :)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Glad to hear that you fixed it:)

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You are saying that your build is in “NoServerHeartbeat” health state and you want to look into the logs to debug this issue, is that right? Can you share your title id, id of the build that is having this issue, and some details about your build configurations for us to investigate?

And, by the way, have you tried locally debugging your game server before uploading it? If you haven’t, it’s always helpful do that in advance and this article can help you with that: Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab. The mock PlayFab VmAgent in the PlayFab local debugging toolset can be configured to run the game server as a containerized application and verify that your game server is packaged with all the required dependencies and will run without issues on the PlayFab Multiplayer platform.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.