question

DH Kim avatar image
DH Kim asked

Unity ArgumentException : The specified path is not of a legal form (empty)

I've just implemented PlayFabSdk to my Unity project and it is throwing the error as below.

I tried to remove both playfabsdk and extension , and reinstalled latest version but it's still the same.

My unity version is 2019.2.17f1

Playfab sdk version is 2.79.191218

Any way to solve this ??

ArgumentException: The specified path is not of a legal form (empty). System.IO.Path.InsecureGetFullPath (System.String path) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal (System.String path) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) System.IO.FileInfo.Init (System.String fileName, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) System.IO.FileInfo..ctor (System.String fileName) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(string) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.ShouldSyncOnReimportedAsset (System.String asset) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:224) System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SyncIfNeeded (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] affectedFiles, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] reimportedFiles) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:213) UnityEditor.SyncVS.PostprocessSyncProject (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SyncProject.cs:165) UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:159) UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets() PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorPrefsSO:Save() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorPrefsSO.cs:48) PlayFab.PfEditor.<>c:<RefreshStudiosList>b__12_0(GetStudiosResult) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorDataService.cs:205) PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorHttp:OnWwwSuccess(String, Action`1, Action`1, String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:124) PlayFab.PfEditor.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`2:<MakeApiCall>b__0(String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:95) PlayFab.PfEditor.<Post>d__7:MoveNext() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:179) PlayFab.PfEditor.EditorCoroutine:Update() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/EditorCoroutine.cs:103) UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @DH Kim,

I can reproduce your “ArgumentException” issue in Unity 2019.2.17f1 using PlayFab SDK 2.79.191218. And, I also found that if we close the "PlayFab EdEx" window in the Unity Editor, that error would disappear, so I am assuming that it's probably a PlayFab editor extension related issue, which won't affect your current project so much. Therefore, I would recommend that you close the "PlayFab EdEx" window after you've done setting up your project in it for now, and at the mean time, I will report this issue to the corresponding team to investigate. Thanks for your feedback:)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DH Kim avatar image DH Kim commented ·

It worked!! thanks :)

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.