question

glen avatar image
glen asked

Login on Mac for new SDK error

There seems to be an issue with LoginWithCustomID on Mac in the newest unity plugin v0.31.160705. It returns in the error callback but the error message shows no failure, the info seems to show success actually. When reverting backing to unity plugin v0.27.160523 the login on Mac works again.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

When you upgrade please be sure to delete your PlayFabSdk directory before copying the new one. A common issue is when people copy the new sdk over top of the old folder. Also, please be sure you are not trying to copy the server sdk over a client sdk, or vice versa. Lastly the plugins folder only applies to the PlayFabClientSdk.

If you are getting the error callback, it shouldn't be possible for ErrorMessage to be null. Whatever the message is, no matter how cryptic, it can be useful for diagnosing the problem. Additionally, there is sometimes more detailed information in the ErrorDetails dictionary.

We've added a useful utility for unpacking a full report about the error: PlayFabError.GenerateErrorReport().

GenerateErrorReport

If you continue to have difficulty upgrading to the latest version, please post again with more information about the error you are getting, preferably the result returned by GenerateErrorReport

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

I deleted the entire PlayFab plugin elements before adding the update. I only use the Unity package so I wouldn't expect any conflicts with server vs client as I've only ever seen one option for the Unity package.

The other interesting thing is that the same integration worked properly on PC with Windows 10, but using the same project on Mac caused the login error.

The ErrorMessage wasn't actually null, it just showed results which appeared to contain no error. I don't have the error message now though because I reverted to an older PlayFab Unity package.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ glen commented ·

Alright. The next time you update your sdk, please respond with the requested details. All recent tests of UnitySdk on iOS have been successful on our end, so without more details I have nothing to work with.

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen commented ·

This issue occurs on the Mac, I haven't tested it on iOS. I can pass along any details the next time I update the sdk.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.