question

Travis Lange avatar image
Travis Lange asked

How to redeem matchmaking ticket in Thunderhead and Matchmaker (Preview)?

I now realize that ``PlayFabServerAPI.RedeemMatchmakerTicket`` does not work for Thunderhead. What is the Thunderhead equivalent of this API call so that I can redeem / authenticate players that are joining the game server with their matchmaking tickets?

If I am incorrect and this is the correct API call, how am I supposed to get the Lobby ID for the game server? It is not provided as part of the config for the GSDK and it is not provided as a command line argument.

This is the current error that I get when passing the "TicketID" as the "Ticket" and the "SessionID" as the "LobbyID."

/Server/RedeemMatchmakerTicket: Invalid input parameters

Ticket: The Ticket field is required.

LobbyId: failed to parse input string as number Error Code 400

We are using Thunderhead (Preview) and Matchmaker (Preview) and Unity

unity3dsdksAuthenticationCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@TCROC From what I can tell, RedeemMatchmakerTicket is for the old "Matchmaker" system (vs. the new Matchmaking system).

I think with the new system, matchmaking tickets are automatically redeemed once a match is made, and you can validate the connecting players by checking that the player's ID exists in the list returned by calling PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.GetInitialPlayers()

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.