question

ronaldjroy avatar image
ronaldjroy asked

LoginWIthSteam failed with WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app),LoginWIthSteam failed with WebAPI error 102 (Ticket for other app)

I'm using Unreal Engine 4.11. It has a wrapper (GetAuthToken) for the GetAuthSessionTicket which converts the byte array into the expected string. I've also setup a callback for GetAuthSessionTicketResponse_t to verify that I'm waiting long enough. When I call LoginWithSteam, PlayFab returns me:

HttpStatus: BadRequest HttpCode: 400

ErrorName: InvalidSteamTicket ErrorCode: 1010

ErrorMessage: Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)

After that I create a HTTP GET Request from:

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUserAuth/AuthenticateUserTicket/v1/?key=%s&appid=%d&ticket=%s

This returns me the expected JSON:

{ response: params: { result: OK, steamid: #####, ownersteamid: #####, vacbanned: false, publisherbanned: false } }

I've gone to the "Partner Add-ons->Steam" page and entered the "Steam Application ID" and "Steam Secret Key". These are the same values that I pass to "key" and "appid" within the Steam WebAPI request.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

I'm using Unreal Engine 4.11. It has a wrapper (GetAuthToken) for the GetAuthSessionTicket which converts the byte array into the expected string. I've also setup a callback for GetAuthSessionTicketResponse_t to verify that I'm waiting long enough. When I call LoginWithSteam, PlayFab returns me:

HttpStatus: BadRequest HttpCode: 400

ErrorName: InvalidSteamTicket ErrorCode: 1010

ErrorMessage: Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)

After that I create a HTTP GET Request from:

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUserAuth/AuthenticateUserTicket/v1/?key=%s&appid=%d&ticket=%s

This returns me the expected JSON:

{ response: params: { result: OK, steamid: #####, ownersteamid: #####, vacbanned: false, publisherbanned: false } }

I've gone to the "Partner Add-ons->Steam" page and entered the "Steam Application ID" and "Steam Secret Key". These are the same values that I pass to "key" and "appid" within the Steam WebAPI request.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Authentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vethan avatar image vethan commented ·

Hey @Brendan Vanous, Looks like I'm having the exact same problem as Ronaldjroy. Passing my values in as a webrequest works fine, but apprently playfab's not happy with the setup.

I appear to be having the same problem as ronald, but using the Unity SDK. Passing in my values straing into a webcall works fine, but playfab doesn't work

0 Likes 0 ·
vethan avatar image
vethan answered

Is there any update on this @Brendan Vanous

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Sorry for the delay on this - we've re-confirmed in our own test, but do you mind if we test using your title?

0 Likes 0 ·
vethan avatar image vethan brendan commented ·

Yup, you can do anything you want to test! I'll just work on non-steam stuff in the meantime :)

0 Likes 0 ·
ronaldjroy avatar image
ronaldjroy answered

If we are using the "Encrypted App Ticket Key" then the steam call we should use is different than previously suggested: SteamUser()->RequestEncryptedAppTicket().

Is this correct? Or am I misinterpreting the suggestion?

I'm getting this from reading (https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/auth#encryptedapptickets). Which is the link on the page where the encrypted key is generated.

10 |1200

piotr avatar image
piotr answered

Hi!

Same problem here (EC58). We configured an Add-on on PlayFab with GameId and WebApi key (we have a group created in SteamWorks with this GameId and we created WebApi key for this group).

However we are still receiving 102 error.

Some history background (as this might be relevant):
Some time ago when testing if this feature is working for us, we have created configuration for demo version of our game (slightly different GameId). It was working. When we added full game to the SteamWorks group and changed GameId (in both project and PlayFab) it started showing error 102. After that we created a new group (with only full game), created new WebApi key and reconfigured PlayFab. We even uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on.

After waiting several hours we decided to ask here - as this is obviously not a problem with data propagation.

@brendan maybe you guys could help us.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

This is the same issue you posted about in this thread, correct? https://community.playfab.com/questions/4912/steam-webapi-error-102-ticket-for-other-app.html?childToView=5586#comment-5586

To prevent confusion, can we keep all the discussion on the issue you're seeing in one thread?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.