question

Andrey Svershko avatar image
Andrey Svershko asked

ArgumentException: The specified path is not of a legal form (empty) in Unity 2019.217f

After update my project to Unity to 2019.217f when play mode start I got error in script.

Log:

ArgumentException: The specified path is not of a legal form (empty). System.IO.Path.InsecureGetFullPath (System.String path) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal (System.String path) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) System.IO.FileInfo.Init (System.String fileName, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) System.IO.FileInfo..ctor (System.String fileName) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0) (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(string) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.ShouldSyncOnReimportedAsset (System.String asset) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:224) System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SyncIfNeeded (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] affectedFiles, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] reimportedFiles) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:213) UnityEditor.SyncVS.PostprocessSyncProject (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SyncProject.cs:165) UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:159) UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets() PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorPrefsSO:Save() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorPrefsSO.cs:48) PlayFab.PfEditor.<>c:<RefreshStudiosList>b__12_0(GetStudiosResult) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorDataService.cs:205) PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorHttp:OnWwwSuccess(String, Action`1, Action`1, String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:124) PlayFab.PfEditor.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`2:<MakeApiCall>b__0(String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:95) PlayFab.PfEditor.<Post>d__7:MoveNext() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:179) PlayFab.PfEditor.EditorCoroutine:Update() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/EditorCoroutine.cs:103) UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steffan avatar image Steffan commented ·

I'm getting the exact same problem here. I can't exactly determine if it's a Unity issue or a Playfab issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

What's the extension version and original Unity version? Have you updated the extension version?

Can you try to remove the SDK with extension and do a clean re-install

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steffan avatar image Steffan commented ·

That did the trick! Deleted both the SDK and editor extensions from my project, then reimported both latest versions, redid the setup and now everything is in working order again.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is reported that this issue can be reproduced in some scenario (it only occurs in 2019.2.17f and when the Extension tab is open). This error is sourced from Extension only. Meanwhile, Extension is not required for your project build/run and in the normal circumstance it is for one-time configuration. You may close the tab or directly remove the extension after the configuration is done to avoid this issue. We didn't notice these issues on other versions of Unity Engine.

We will report this to the team. Thanks again for the feedback.

10 |1200

jrDev avatar image
jrDev answered

Hello,

Yeah, this error is thrown when the Editor Extensions is open.

Thanks,

jrDev

10 |1200

sinan avatar image
sinan answered

hello i have the same error but i couldnt understand which extension we talking about. i couldnt fix the error. and in game the player constantly fire laser and that cause over load spawing.

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

This has been a while, can you share the version of your Extension, and Unity version? If you consistently have this issue, my suggestions is:

• Switch Unity verison
  • Upgrade the PlayFab extension version
  • Delete the extension because it is not necessary. Use only the SDK and\ configure PlayFab shared settings via codes
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.