question

Rick Piller avatar image
Rick Piller asked

Updating an build with new game server app

During development here I'm often updating the game server app. However, it seems like I have to delete the old build I have and make a new one? I can't create a new build while leaving the existing one because of course the location and zip file is the same and it gives me an error saying I can't do that. So it seems like I have to delete the existing then make a new build which is a pain and takes awhile for the servers and such for the build to setup. It doesn't look like I can edit an existing build's zip file with my game server app. Is there another way to do this that is quicker?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You should be able to create a new build without having to delete the old build first. What does the error say exactly, can you share that? And, no, you cannot edit an existing build’s zip file, therefore, you’ll need to upload new builds’ zip files corresponding to each server update. There is a “USE AS TEMPLATE” button under [Servers 2.0 (Preview)] -> [Builds] -> [Overview] that serves as a template for creating new builds based on your current build, which can speed things up a little bit, is that what you are looking for?

Moreover, can you share your title id, so that we can take a closer look at your Server Builds Configurations to investigate.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Piller avatar image Rick Piller commented ·

If I do use as template, then delete the existing zip file and drag the new one I get the below error.

• Cannot upload and replace game asset because it is in use in a build. Please delete builds that use the asset before attempting to upload the asset.
  • There was an issue uploading your file. Please try again.

5BDDE

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Rick Piller commented ·

According to the error message, looks like the game asset file(s) is currently being used, could you please try uploading new game asset files for new builds as well and see if it works? And, It turns out that I am not authorized to see the details about your build info in your title, could you please share that? Feel free to obfuscate some sensitive info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.