question

angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com avatar image
angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com asked

How can I obtain API error events data?

Hello PlayFab team,

I'm trying to guess what is happening exactly with some API error events (receipt validation errors), but I haven't found them at any part but in the dashboard graphics (TitleId:237F):

Is there any way for me to obtain all the information about that API errors events?

Thank you for your time

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll be adding a PlayStream event shortly which will provide additional context for errors generated by titles, so you'll be able to use that to get this information.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com avatar image angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com commented ·

Thank you for getting this on your schedule.

0 Likes 0 ·
info-3 avatar image info-3 commented ·

Is this already available?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan info-3 commented ·

Sorry, this is unfortunately still in our backlog at the moment (though we did add a specific message for exceeding limits). We'll be adding this as soon as we can.

0 Likes 0 ·
fedepuopolo avatar image fedepuopolo commented ·

Hi, I'm having the same problem. In my dashboard I can see some API Errors in the graphic but I can't see the details about it. Our game Sweet Meat was featured on Google Play and with that boost, I'm watching lots of errors like this one:

api:gameclient/validategoogleplaypurchase,error_code:invalidreceipt,!error_code:success: 7, Total: 8

Is it possible to see more information about those errors or at least some stats (in numbers, not in a graphic)?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fedepuopolo commented ·

My apologies, but that's still on our backlog. But that said, the error is specifically "invalid receipt", as stated. What that means is that the client submitted a receipt in the call which either was malformed or simply wasn't for your title. The latter is the most common - there's a readily available hack for iOS and Android devices which swaps the receipt for an old one from "Cut the Rope 2". Titles that validate the receipt directly with Google/Apple are commonly tricked by this, as all they're asking is "is this receipt valid". Which it is. It just happens to be several years old, and not for the title in question. For titles that don't use a secure server-to-server process to validate the receipt and control the inventory, it's unsurprising to find that a significant percentage of their "purchases" are bogus because of this.

The Analytics->Reports tab is where you can find the API Usage report for your title, though - you can see the error rate in it for each API call, accumulated by the hour.

1 Like 1 ·
fedepuopolo avatar image fedepuopolo brendan commented ·

Thanks for your answer @Brendan. I've downloaded the DailyApiUsageDetailsReport.csv and now it's all clear for me. Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.