question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Postman: How can I add PlayFab Environment Variables?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/postman/executing-the-playfab-api-via-postman

I don't know how to enter my PlayFab Environment Variables in Postman. What should I enter in the text fields VARIABLE, INITIAL VALUE and CURRENT VALUE? For example, my TitleId is BFD0A. Is BFD0A the Variable? But what is its Initial value and current value?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Turner avatar image
Turner answered

In order to use Postman with PlayFab you have to install the SDK first, then you can set up the variables for PlayFab.

1. Download this JSON file here(right-click -> Save As Link)
  2. Open Postman, click on the Import button on the top-left.
  3. Then you can either drag and drop the JSON file into the "Drop files here" box, or click "Choose Files" and navigate to it that way.
  4. After you add the JSON file you should be able to see a "PlayFab Postman SDK" listed on the left panel under the "Collections" tab. Hover your cursor over that, then click on the 3 dots.
  5. Click on Edit, then on the Variables tab.

Once you are there, you can setup the variables. To get you started, this is what a mock TitleId variable would look like in Postman.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.