question

Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin avatar image
Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin asked

Differents Titles Enviroments (single game)

Hello, our team organized playfab with 3 differents titles to change enviroment like production, qa and development. What is the best way to handle passing configuration from development to qa and so on? I have some fears like when i update clound that uses title data key and title data on server is not updated yet and get a old version of this key value etc... There is a better way to take care about this sort of thing?

Title Datadata
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Do you mean that you want to keep all 3 different titles' configurations, which you stored as title data, in sync?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin avatar image Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin Citrus Yan commented ·

Currently we use different titles to maintain an organization and production players do not catch development errors. The process example would be, when you have a trial version, we have to copy all the information that is in our development title to QA (so that it can be tested there in a "production" environment) and once approved has to be passed to the production title itself. All settings from economy, content, automation have to be copied equally. But the players don't need to be synced. When I used environment like microsoft azure there was a "migration" that you just told which environment and it takes care to send all users to the right environment while migrating. My question is if all this I have to do at hand, if there is any better way without me having to develop and how playfab takes this care while I update the titles.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

PlayFab do offer the PlayFabCLI tool to help doing title migrations, does this meet your needs?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I tried some time ago and it didn't work as expected but it would fit perfectly what I wanted. I will try again to use and if encounter this error again, i will open another question here if i do not find the answer, thanks very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin commented ·

OK, feel free to reach to us if you have any questions:)

0 Likes 0 ·
Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin avatar image Rafael Securato de Azevedo Lazarin Citrus Yan commented ·

Hello, I tried migrate from title 38E7 to BB5BE using PlayfabCLI but the console never pass from "Getting Title Data". There is some thing that i have to do before?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.