question

algenor90 avatar image
algenor90 asked

Player-indipendent data

Hi! I'm trying to understand what's the best way to achieve some game data that's indipendent from players. In my example I'd like to have a "Match" objects, where I can save data about which players played a specific match and how they performed. It would just need to be a json, no weird structure needed.

Entity groups don't seem to be what I'm looking for, so I think I'm missing something obvious. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

It looks like Player Read-Only Data can be used for such usages, you can combine Custom Event, Rule, CloudScript and Player Read-Only Data to implement yourself Player Behavior Analysis Feature. You can check this section Example Case: Count custom events from the client for how to count a custom event from the client and use rules to track these events, then check the section Advanced: CloudScript Actions for how to use rules to trigger CloudScript functions. You can store player’s behavior to their player read-only data via CloudScript function which trigged by players’ events. Then use these data for analysis.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can store the match info in the Shared Group Data during the match. Shared Group Data is a simple way for players to share some information with a tightly constrained list of other players. Shared Group Data should not be used by groups larger than a dozen or so players, at most. And it is more suitable for turn-based multiplayer async games, you can check this doc Using Shared Group Data for a sample of using it. If you want to store the match results, you can store them in Player Read-Only Data directly.

1 comment
10 |1200

algenor90 avatar image algenor90 commented ·

Thanks for your answer, but this doesn't look exactly like what I'm looking for. I'd like to store data that I can later analise, since my game is going to be p2p ( at least initially ). I want to store what each client thinks happened during a match, and when the match is over run a cloudscript that flags if there are big discrepancies between the two player's data. Is there any feature in PlayFab that could help me with that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.