question

Bernardo Varela avatar image
Bernardo Varela asked

Link multiple account using ServerCustomId

We are trying to link and login an unsupported platform, e.g. Epic Games account, through playfab. To do this we are linking the account using the server's API LinkServerCustomId and then to login we are using LoginWithServerCustomId. A few questions:

1. After linking the account with the above API call, I can't find any information about that link on the player or Title Overview page, is this not possible? I can only see they are linked if I call GetServerCustomIDsFromPlayFabIDs.
  2. If I try to link another unsupported platform, e.g. an Origin account, using the same method, it seems to replace the ServerCustomID of that player. GetServerCustomIDsFromPlayFabIDs only returns the last linked ServerCustomID. Are we not allowed to link different platforms using this method? How could I achieve what I intended if that's the case?

Thanks

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> After linking the account with the above API call, I can't find any information about that link on the player or Title Overview page, is this not possible? I can only see they are linked if I call GetServerCustomIDsFromPlayFabIDs.

Yes, currently game manager UI doesn’t support showing the linked ServerCustomId on the [Player Overview] page.

>> If I try to link another unsupported platform, e.g. an Origin account, using the same method, it seems to replace the ServerCustomID of that player. GetServerCustomIDsFromPlayFabIDs only returns the last linked ServerCustomID. Are we not allowed to link different platforms using this method? How could I achieve what I intended if that's the case?

Yes, developers currently don't be allowed to link different platforms using this method, it’s the current API design. You can make a feature request that let PlayFab supports linking more platform authorization with player accounts in the forum. And please keep an eye on our Blog for the latest updates.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.