question

daniel.berkbox@gmail.com avatar image
daniel.berkbox@gmail.com asked

CloudScript Execution time limit

Hi,

I have a doubt about the CloudScript execution limit. The 5 seconds is the limit per player / day or for all players? I understand that were 3 seconds per api call, was not it?

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk answered

5 seconds is the limit per ExecuteCloudScript call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniel.berkbox@gmail.com avatar image
daniel.berkbox@gmail.com answered

Thank you for reply,

And about calls limit, there are a limit for calls/day or something?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The limit is per call to ExecuteCloudScript, as Joshua stated. The other thing to bear in mind is that on a per-client basis, you need to make sure you're not calling the service too frequently. Basically, it's always a good idea to optimize your calling pattern, partly because frequent calls can cause delays to the gameplay experience (due to waiting on responses), but also because our ToS requires that titles not call too frequently. If, for example, you have a bug in your code causing you to make calls every second (or worse, every frame), it's possible that the client in question would be throttled or temporarily blocked.

2 comments
10 |1200

yabatatagames avatar image yabatatagames commented ·

Hi,
I'm trying to understand what is the proper user of ExecuteCloudScript calls.
my clients are going to make a call every minimum 5 seconds. Any chance they will be throttled or temporarily blocked?
Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joshua Strunk avatar image Joshua Strunk yabatatagames commented ·

Calling every 5 seconds for an entire session would be pretty abusive. At that frequency, you should use a custom game server.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.