question

Max Guernsey, III avatar image
Max Guernsey, III asked

What are the matchmaking limits for pro/indie?

The matchmaking limits for Essentials tier are so low that following the recommendations in the documentation causes you to hit the limit with no other players trying to join a game. That's cool - it's a free sample to see what it's like.

Before I upgrade to Indie, though, I'd like to know what the limits for matchmaking actually are. I have been unable to locate a definitive source for this information. The topic that I usually go to for this information doesn't have the limits for matchmaking.

Is there somewhere I can find this information?

limitsMatchmakingdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There actually aren't different limits for matchmaking. We have quite a few titles using matchmaking successfully today - what specific limits are you running into? What is your matchmaking scenario and how are you trying to use it?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

Yes. I saw that and immediately wished I'd waited for an answer rather than upgrading. Now I'm out $99. :(

It says you can poll up to ten times a minute but, under certain circumstances, I'm scraping up against the edge of that boundary (just barely) and getting an error. It might be a nonissue once I have enough players that matches are quick.

I think, when I set the timer for exactly 6 seconds, the inaccuracy of all the moving parts (Unity + floating point + network + whatever else I missed) was causing an occasional eleventh ping within a sixty-second period.

Anyway, the fix was super simple: a 7-second period, rather than six seconds.

0 Likes 0 ·
Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

Sorry. Accidentally posted my reply as an answer...

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.