question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

Loot System notifications

Hi,

I want to develop a loot system for my game and I know that these systems should be implemented on server side so that the players cannot cheat.

But I have a question for it's notification that how the players will be notified? I don't want to implement push notifications as there are certain requirements from the client and he wants to use local notifications.

As far as I know this can't be done on local side but please let me know what options do I have. Thanks!

Push NotificationsIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you mean you want to implement sending local notifications based on the server’s operations? If so, a possible workaround is comparing the revision of the player’s inventory regularly, if current revision is different from the previous one, let clients’ platforms send a local notification that player has got new items. Or you can try external notification services that are suitable for more platforms, like Azure Notification Hub, SignalR, etc.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Yes I want to implement the local notifications based on server operation and state. Can I achieve this using Playfab services? If yes, then which services and what is the cost?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Currently, Playfab doesn't natively support such features. You can try external notification services that are suitable for more platforms, like Azure Notification Hub, SignalR, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·