question

Jia Wei Chan avatar image
Jia Wei Chan asked

Can I develop Saas like TODO list and using Azure PlayFab

Can I develop an Saas like TODO list and using PlayFab? Mean using it other than games. Because I wouldn't want to handle less of user's login to have very minimal interact with user information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Yes, you can. If you only need the cross-platform data storage and authentication features. You can use PlayFab Authentication and PlayFab Data to implement them. If you need to use PlayFab data storage, please notice the corresponding limits of them. You can navigate this link https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[YourTitleId]/limits, or navigate to [Game Manager]->[Title Settings]->[Limits] to check more about PlayFab limits.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jia Wei Chan avatar image Jia Wei Chan commented ·

ok. There is. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/active-directory-b2c-quickstarts-desktop-app
I just need to make sure I can host the .NET Service outside Azure ...because maybe for predictable pricing at beginner.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jia Wei Chan avatar image Jia Wei Chan commented ·

Thanks. Because all the ToS, FAQ etc, always explicit that PlayFab is a services for building game, almost as similar as Xsolla.

I wanted to implement authentication but the limit of Auth0 and the difficulties of Azure Directory B2C is not what I wanna to do. Actually my app might be native integration on Microsoft Windows. I hope it would make some small impact in workflow. Anyhow maybe PlayFab Team can also ask Azure Directory B2C to have an example of UWP/WPF app that sign up user with social login, then allow us to authenticate REST Server in .NET on the cloud for sync.

-1 Like -1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.