question

alwayssmile11a1 avatar image
alwayssmile11a1 asked

Can I get droptable contents from the client side?

I know that I can get drop table contents from the server side. But why didn't PlayFab have a similar one for the client?. My purpose is to display the items inside a specified drop table.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I believe you are talking about the GetRandomResultTables API , is that right? And I think one of the reasons why PlayFab doesn’t provide a similar one for the clients is that it will return the Weight property, which you probably don’t want the clients to be able to access. A safer way to display the items inside a specified drop table would be having a server instance that calls the Server/GetRandomResultTables API, processes the results (for instance, delete the weight property), and returns it back to the clients. Also, using CloudScript is considered a fast and easy way for you to build server-side logic and functionality that scales to meet your demand, in this case, calling the Server/GetRandomResultTables API and return the processed results back to the clients, please navigate to this doc to learn about more.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alwayssmile11a1 avatar image alwayssmile11a1 commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.