question

thirdparty avatar image
thirdparty asked

How can I segment users by UserData property in order to show stores for those segments?

I'm trying to segment users by an User Data property. For example If I want to segment users by country or other non statistic value (non int) in order to give the correct promotions.

I have been thinking that the only way to segment users for showing stores for that specific users can only be done from the client (just calling the right store, but segmenting the user in the client)

Which is the correct way to achieve this?

Thank you for your time :)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Currently, one of the things you can use for user segmentation in PlayStream is statistics. So one way to approach this would be to define a statistic in your title for the factor you want to use for segmentation, and set it for all players. Once you've defined a segment for that, you can use it in the Stores sub-tab of any Catalog in your title's Economy tab. For any given Store, you can use the Segment Overrides to define the Store which should be returned instead, for any player in the defined Segments. The order in which the Segments appear is the priority order for evaluation - so, if the player is in the first Segment in the list, that override Store is the one that will be returned, and so on.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thirdparty avatar image
thirdparty answered

Hello again @Brendan Vanous, firstly thank you for answering me so quickly.

For strange reasons (I thought I have seen it time ago) I can't find the option for Segment Overrides in Segments, neither in the Store.

Is there any guide or video of this?

Thank you again.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Do you have any segments defined in PlayStream? What Title ID is this for?

10 |1200

angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com avatar image
angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com answered

Yes I have 3 segments, I'm currently testing this in 219C , but it happened to me in other TitleId's too .

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In order to be able to override a store, you do have to have more than one defined. I created a second store in your title's catalog, so that you can see how this would work. Basically, the override system allows you to define, for a given segment, the alternate store to return when the store is queried. You can choose any store defined in your title.

10 |1200

angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com avatar image
angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com answered

Oh thank you, I missunderstood it. I thought It was an store which overrides a catalog ( but that doesn't have sense ).

Thank you for clearing the clouds in my head about that point. It's working now!!!.

Talking about the title stats you mentioned ( If I haven't missunderstood something else ) . Must the stat be integer in order to get into the segment? , I mean, we are talking about player stats, right?

Thank you again.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct - all statistics are integer values.

10 |1200

thirdparty avatar image
thirdparty answered

That was all I need to continue with PlayFab, thank you for your time :) .

10 |1200

James Gwertzman avatar image
James Gwertzman Deactivated answered

This blog post (https://playfab.com/introducing-targeted-stores/) explains exactly how store overrides work.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.