question

David Brunot avatar image
David Brunot asked

Will the Unity Playfab GameServer be updated with UNITY SDK V2 ?

Hi,

I'm currently using the provided gameserver, which still use regular playfab SDK.

I would like to update my client plugin and go back to the nice JSON.Net serializer but it imply that my gameserver do it also.

I highly customized SimpleJSON at the time JSON.Net was removed in order to retrieve high level fonctionalities ( like class switching at deserialization time ), but since you basically tell that you'll continue to touch to it, the awfull plugin management fall literally on my head ^^.

So could you tell me if there is project to upgrade the gameserver ?

Best regards

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Hi David,

To answer your question, yes we will be updating the GameServer with the V2 SDK. We'll probably get around to it sometime this week.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Brunot answered

thank you for this quick answer

10 |1200

David Brunot answered

I saw some change on the game server..Is it the update ?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the most recent release was yesterday's, which is written up in the release notes:

https://api.playfab.com/releaseNotes#160705

If you click into the change from today, you'll see that it addresses a logging issue:

https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer/issues/1

The tools team will be updating for the V2 SDK as soon as they can.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.