question

ZachS avatar image
ZachS asked

2 Questions: Inventory Limits, and Statistics / Project Migration,Relaunching to Redefine Statistics, and Player Inventory Limits

Hi,

I'm still very new (~2 weeks experience, I think) to Playfab, and have really been enjoying using it! It seems like a great platform. Two questions for you:

1. I understand that the free plan allows for a maximum of 100 items in a player's inventory. I have a test player with 8 stackable items in their inventory; I'm able to use cloudscript to modify their remaining uses, and am confident that they really are in the inventory.

However, the Limits tab shows 0 total items in a player's inventory:

How should I be understanding the limit? It shouldn't be a time delay issue; the player has had those 8 stackable items in their inventory for well over a day, I believe.

2. I made the mistake of creating statistics for my title before really understanding their implications. I'm sure I'll make more mistakes on these lines. While the names of the statistics don't have to be exposed to users, as I understand it, it'd make it easier to work with them if they were renamed properly. At this point, the only data in my title I care about is my item catalog and my cloudscript file. Am I correct in thinking that I can simply export my item catalog and cloudscript, create a new title, import them, and create new statistics as desired? Alternatively, is there a way to rename statistics?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi,

I'm still very new (~2 weeks experience, I think) to Playfab, and have really been enjoying using it! It seems like a great platform. Two questions for you:

1. I understand that the free plan allows for a maximum of 100 items in a player's inventory. I have a test player with 8 stackable items in their inventory; I'm able to use cloudscript to modify their remaining uses, and am confident that they really are in the inventory.

However, the Limits tab shows 0 total items in a player's inventory:

How should I be understanding the limit? It shouldn't be a time delay issue; the player has had those 8 stackable items in their inventory for well over a day, I believe.

2. I made the mistake of creating statistics for my title before really understanding their implications. I'm sure I'll make more mistakes on these lines. While the names of the statistics don't have to be exposed to users, as I understand it, it'd make it easier to work with them if they were renamed properly. At this point, the only data in my title I care about is my item catalog and my cloudscript file. Am I correct in thinking that I can simply export my item catalog and cloudscript, create a new title, import them, and create new statistics as desired? Alternatively, is there a way to rename statistics?

Thank you so much for your help!

Leaderboards and StatisticsIn-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
q0rsd.png (20.4 KiB)
w0rke.png (27.8 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ZachS avatar image ZachS commented ·

For some reason, when I wrote the post, I accidentally got the text in there twice. Sorry about that! It doesn't look like I can edit it. It says the post is in moderation, so I'm guessing that I can't edit yet since this is my first post.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> How should I be understanding the limit? It shouldn't be a time delay issue; the player has had those 8 stackable items in their inventory for well over a day, I believe.

It looks like a UI issue, the dashboard should have some fluctuations in a normal situation. We will inform our team about this issue that [Usage] dashboard of player inventory items limit always shows 0.

About how to count items in the inventory. You can refer to the following content from this thread. Basically, it's each "line item" in the player's inventory. So, a stackable item would be 1, while each instance of a non-stackable item would be 1. A bundle is actually an item that comes with other items included, so that would be 1 + N, where N is the number of items in the bundle (though if they're stackable, they may be adding to a pre-existing stack). A container is 1 until it's opened, and then the items in it are added to the inventory. Any item no longer in the inventory - consumables whose usage period/count has expired, or revoked items - don't count against the limit.

>> Am I correct in thinking that I can simply export my item catalog and cloudscript, create a new title, import them, and create new statistics as desired? Alternatively, is there a way to rename statistics?

Yes. You can use the [Download JSON] button in the lower right corner of the catalog box on the [Catalogs] page to download the catalog content, then use [UPLOAD JSON] Button in the upper right corner on the [Catalogs] page to import it into the new title. The CloudScript revision can be copied and pasted to the new title directly. You also can use the CLI tool of PlayFab https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabCLI to migrate the title. Some Admin APIs are useful to migrate the title too, you can use GetCatalogItems to export the Catalog and SetCatalogItems to import it.

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t support renaming or removing statistics. You can show the correct name in the game’s UI and hide the leaderboard’s original name on clients. If so, you need to implement a mapping of the new name and the original leaderboard by yourself.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ZachS avatar image ZachS commented ·

Great; thank you, on both counts!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.