question

Iain Brown avatar image
Iain Brown asked

Using server data in CreateServerMatchmakingTicket

I'm using the xplatcppsdk and I've started a Playfab Party, and I'd like to backfill the empty spaces in my party. (I don't have a real server)

On my client I've chosen as the host I can call CreateServerMatchmakingTicket, but the request object for this doesn't allow me to set the ServerDetails part of the request that I'd like to use to give the party descriptor to joining players.

Is there a reason this isn't exposed? Can I just hack the header locally to add these fields and it'll work?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The property Member in the request of CreateServerMatchmakingTicket contains "Attribute", which is a describer of this player to get into the matchmaking queue. Is it what you are looking for? The attribute will be verified by the Rules that configured in the matchmaking Queue and it is pre-defined so that you may store somewhere else, like Title data

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Iain Brown avatar image Iain Brown commented ·

So, specifically for server backfill tickets there is a designated place to store server connection data.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/backfill-tickets#serverdetails

ServerDetails
This structure is identical to the structure returned in a GetMatch call, and allows the server to specify any information required to connect to it. When the backfill ticket is matched, its ServerDetails structure will be returned to any players who call GetMatch on the resulting match. All fields in this structure are optional. Titles may only need a subset of these in order to provide enough information for clients to connect to the game server.

This seems to be ideal for my needs, but I don't seem to be able to use it from the XPlatCpp implementation.

There are ways around it, but this just seems the easiest way to do it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Iain Brown commented ·

Back filling related API is still in Beta state. We won't suggest you implementing it until it is in General Availability. Please refer to the Note field of the documentation. In addition, please keep track of the update news on our Blog site or News page in Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.