question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

StatValue OF SomeOther Player

How to Get Stat Value of another Player using Just DisplayTitleName?

Player Data
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

I know there are many ways to retrieve Statvalue. But lets say we have friend in friendlist and we have ShowStatistics value set true in settings,

would there be any implications? security wise? what could be the worst possible scenario if we turn on the ShowStatistics value in Title Settings for PlayerProfileViewConstraints.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I believe it is safe, because client API’s capability is very limited and most of the jobs can be done only impact itself. However, if showStatistics is enabled, all the statistics will be exposed to players and there is no option for exposing partially. The impacts really depend on how you design the purpose of statistics, but in my point of view, there won’t be abusive usage since we should disallow players to update statistics by themselves.

If you still have concerns, you can write a cloud script function that receives target player ID and call server API directly, without enabling corresponding option in Game Manager.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

Okay this is good. But one little confusion. What happens when we turn the ShowStatsValue on or off? the values are exposed in both cases right? whether if its on or off? I dont get it. If we set the value to OFF what happens then? what is exposed and what isnt? arent we exposing the statvalues when we are calling the GetStatisticsRequest method to retrieve the stats?

I've just realised it that GetStatisticsRequest method is to get OUR stats. but ShowStatsValue is for all other profiles other than ours. Right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Talha commented ·

First, it only affects client API, which means either on or off, server API can always review any players' any statistics.

Second, if Statistics option is off in "ALLOW CLIENT ACCESS TO PROFILE PROPERTIES" section of title settings in the game manager. Players cannot check any statistics in the profile property, including their own, but it only affects the profile related API, like GetPlayerProfile, which also means either it is on or off, it doesn't affect GetPlayerStatistics API (since its client API can only retrieve the player self's statistics) .When it is ON, GetPlayerProfile client API can get any players' statistics.

1 Like 1 ·
Talha avatar image Talha Seth Du ♦ commented ·

So what do You say? In our game Each player needs to Access Two Other Players StatValue. ,Every 2 mins or so.

Which one would be better? Get the statistic value thru a cloudscript or set the ShowStatsValue to true in profile properties.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.