question

Johan de Bruin avatar image
Johan de Bruin asked

Repository with bootstrap project to work with cloud functions using typescript, modules and tests

I've been prototyping a Biology idle game for a while using vanilla javascript and cloud functions for server authorization.

But after 400 lines of code the project was getting to complicated, and without Azure functions integration I decided to migrate to typescript.

I expended 1 week to build a framework to work with, completely powered by node, I made it public in the following repo: https://github.com/erudisgames/Playfab-Cloud-TypeScript-Bootstrap

It includes the following features:Typescript ready to use after node install.

• Separation of concerns pattern implementation through javascript modules.
  • Unit tests available using Jest.
  • Dependency injection through /src/utils/service-locator.ts script
  • Building script where modules are removed (not supported by PlayFab) and bundled in main.js

Also, there is some of my custom logic from my Biology game (felt there were a few useful lessons there).

I will keep using the repo for my prototype so I hope to keep updating it and fix any issues. Let me know what you think!

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thanks for sharing the sample with the community. Hope more developers can review and try your project and make it even more perfect.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.