question

piotr avatar image
piotr asked

Problem with limits,Hi,

Hi,

You have decided to introduce limits. For us it was the most unfortunate moment, as we were just about to release the game. The game we worked on for a long time, did a lot of testing and debugging, involved few hundreds people in the process of beta testing and so on.

But now the limits are in - and we started to receive those wonderful emails with information about the problem.

So we were notified that our game is extending limits (even those custom made).

And we followed received instruction and we sent an request for limit change.

And the second time.

And the third time.

And then we realized that players can enter multiplayer games. Not because they don't want. But becuase there is a limit in a very specific place...

When should we expect answer and some action in regards to our requests? Is there any alternative way of getting in touch with you guys?

Regards,
Piotr

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

[Edit]

I found the other limit request - it was sent from a different account, which is why they weren't together. Thanks - our CEO will get back to you with a quote for the limit increase as soon as he can.

[End edit]

Actually, we've always had limits, as it's not technically possible for us to provide infinite resources - and especially not in our free core service. What we did recently was to update those limits using everything we've learned from running the service for the last few years, we provided a specific tab to enable developers to see what resources they're using as compared to the limits, and we automatically put in place exceptions for all titles currently running in our service. For that last part, we monitored the usage of all titles over the last few weeks, and gave them all exceptions based upon their usage, so that the new limits would not impact any title that is live or in development.

Looking in our ticketing system, I only see one request from you for an increase in the limits - the one you sent in this afternoon. We'll get you feedback with pricing on the upgrade for that as soon as we can. If there were other messages prior to that, could you please provide specifics? We've yet to hear about a lost ticket in our ZenDesk integration, but I'm perfectly willing to believe that it could have happened.

I'm not sure what you mean concerning multiplayer games though. What is the issue you're seeing with multiplayer games, exactly?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

piotr avatar image piotr commented ·

Closing the topic just wanted to put a statement - as shocking as introducing limits was, now it is not causing any issues on our side and we are able to use PlayFab in a normal way. And a system of extending limits (introduced shortly after this discussion) is providing solution for bigger titles if they need such thing.

All considered - whoever is reading this topic - you should be not worried about this discussion (and I personally wouldn't mind if this is deleted)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.