question

DemonKira avatar image
DemonKira asked

PlayFabSharedSettings.asset missing when build with Split Application Binary

When I build my game with IL2CPP and Split Application Binary enabled the PlayFabSharedSettings.asset is missing on some devices. Below I attached a logcat from a device that encountered that issue. I'm using unity 2019.3 and PlayFab SDK 2.78(also tried on different Unity version but the problem remain the same)

unknown-10-1.png (164.4 KiB)
8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I have tested my project on unity 2019.3 with PlayFab SDK 2.78 installed but cannot reproduce your issue.

Have you tried to reinstall the PlayFab Extension and SDK?

You can also create this file via the Extension button on Unity:

This asset is generated by the code in MakeSharedSettingsObj.cs:

AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(asset, "Assets/PlayFabSdk/Shared/Public/Resources/PlayFabSharedSettings.asset");

Can you check if this file exists in your project?

0 Likes 0 ·
DemonKira avatar image DemonKira Seth Du ♦ commented ·

HI @SethDu,yes i deleted the SDK and reinstalled it, didn't make a difference tho. I checked, the playfabsharedsetting.asset is present in unity editor, i even deleted it and made a new, but the problem is still there, Like i said only on some devices is happening. Although if i build without split application binary, then the issue is gone

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ DemonKira commented ·

Can you specify the details of those devices? In addition, is the "Login successful" log generated by PlayFab login API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
DemonKira avatar image DemonKira Seth Du ♦ commented ·

ok will upload a log text file later today

0 Likes 0 ·
DemonKira avatar image DemonKira commented ·

hi @FranklinChen, is there any way then that i can still use Playfab, because only by Splitting Application Binary i can update the game on Play Store

0 Likes 0 ·
DemonKira avatar image
DemonKira answered

Probably will keep this thread up, until i found a solotion

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Hi @DemonKira, we have informed SDK team to investigate this PlayFabSharedSettings.asset missing issue on specific Android device, if you can provide the detailed error log, it may be helpful to narrow down it, thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @DemonKira, we got confirmation and suggestion from engineering team:

1. The current Unity SDK does not support 2019.3 yet, have you tried Unity 2019.2 and observe the behavior?

2. We have recently moved to use asmdef files which may change how our binary is stored. Can you test after updating to the next SDK if the Split Application Binary was fixed?

0 Likes 0 ·
DemonKira avatar image DemonKira franklinchen commented ·

Hi, so i updated the SDK, currently 2.8, but that issue is still not fixed

0 Likes 0 ·

here is the log text.

log.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
log.txt (5.9 KiB)
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen DemonKira commented ·

Okay, I just forwarded your feedback to the team

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

Hi @DemonKira, we just got the confirmation that our Unity SDK doesn't have support for Split Application Binary yet. If possible, we can try to ensure not interact with the PlayFab SDK until you've downloaded and installed your .OBB file". We can discuss if that workaround is not worked for you.

7 comments
10 |1200

DemonKira avatar image DemonKira commented ·

hi @FranklinChen is there any way that i can still use playfab, because only by Splitting Application Binary it is possible to update the game on Play Store

0 Likes 0 ·

Right now, we have to try the above suggestion. If that is impossible, please let me know, let's discuss the possible working way to let you moving forward, thanks.

1 Like 1 ·

ok, how can we do that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Sorry for late. The message from product team is saying that we don't have solid workaround at this point. If you find any references or related key points to possibly "lazy load" .obb to avoid this similar issue, please let us know. The engineering team is willing to discuss with you, may I ask your pricing tier? Essential or Paid tier? Could you please tell me your titleid?

0 Likes 0 ·

The tier is Essential and TitleId is E9C4

0 Likes 0 ·
virgilio avatar image
virgilio answered

'possibly "lazy load" .obb to avoid this similar issue', really?? thats the suggested solution. Come on playfab you can do better than that :(

2 comments
10 |1200

Hi @virgilio, fully understand this feature may block Android developers to publish their game, our SDK team is trying to contact with Demon to work out the best solution. Welcome to share your thoughts here:)

0 Likes 0 ·
Hansol Lam avatar image Hansol Lam franklinchen commented ·

hello,@FranklinChenCan provide suggested solution now?

I also have same problem when use Split Application Binary

Thanks your support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hansol Lam avatar image
Hansol Lam answered

I also have same problem.how to fix it?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.