question

bindin00 avatar image
bindin00 asked

LinkGoogleAccount (java sdk) - 503 Failed to post

Hello,

I am getting error 503 when trying to call `PlayFabClientApi.LinkGoogleAccount` from an Android device that is logged in with `LoginWithAndroidDeviceId`.

I have tested the `ServerAuthCode` I'm passing by manually entering it into the web browser client and the logged in account is correctly linked to google. The only difference I can think of is that the web browser uses an email+password account, versus using the logged in Android account. The login flowchart you guys have doesn't show anything about removing the Android device before linking google.

I did some more testing and it looks like most `.post` calls from the `PlayFabClientApi` return an error immediately, even things like SetPlayerSecret/Other linking functions. The `.post` to loginWithAndroidDeviceId takes some amount of time, which is expected.

Thanks,

Dan

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

If the web browser client works, then it appears that your title is working properly, and the particular account you are using shouldn’t make a difference. It’s possible that there is a network issue on your Android device, could you please provide the fiddler trace of the 503 error for us to investigate? Thanks.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bindin00 avatar image bindin00 commented ·

Thanks for the quick response.

After working with fiddler a bit I noticed it wasn't even making any outbound requests at all and they were being interrupted immediately. After moving some things around I was able to get the PlayFab requests responding as expected.

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan bindin00 commented ·

Glad to heat that:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.