question

Roman Culjak avatar image
Roman Culjak asked

Leaderboard for each level

I would like to make a leaderboard for each level and be able to retrieve player current position at the end of level.

I want to dynamically create a leaderboard for each level as number of levels is high and will continue to grow.

Leaderboard contains only time.

How would I go about this? I'm working in Unity for Android and IOS.

unity3dLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> I would like to make a leaderboard for each level and be able to retrieve player current position at the end of level.

Now the only type of leaderboard is global. Also due to your leaderboard only contains one type of statistic, currently a possible workaround is to create exclusive leaderboards for every level. For example, you can set the statistic name as “level 1”,”level 2” directly. Then let clients update the statistic(like best time) corresponded the player’s level.

PlayFab provides the API GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer to let the client retrieve player current position, you can call it in the clients, then find the player’s position in the response. You can click the link to check the details of this API.

>> I want to dynamically create a leaderboard for each level as number of levels is high and will continue to grow.

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t natively support such features. There is no corresponding API which can be used to create a new leaderboard, developers should create them in the Game Manager manually. There are also some limits of statistic, for example, every free tier title can create up to 25 leaderboards.

>> How would I go about this? I'm working in Unity for Android and IOS.

You can refer to the above content and navigate to our Unity SDK page for a quick start. PlayFab provides backend services, so it supports cross-platform.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.