question

penn avatar image
penn asked

What does the Playfab - Photon integration do exactly since it only supports Realtime and Chat apps?

So I am making a Photon Bolt based game with Playfab as my store of knowledge. I also plan on hosting my Bolt Server on your Thunderhead 2.0. That said I have come to learn that Bolt is not supported with the add-on Playfab has. Will this affect anything major? I am curious as to what the integration achieves as it seems I will be needing to utilize webhooks on my server build. Thanks, sorry if I am just confused.

photon
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

It won’t affect anything major. According to the documentation Photon overview, PlayFab offers the following Photon integrations: a) Authenticate Photon players with PlayFab. b)Listen for room events using PlayFab CloudScript callbacks.

Then refer to this thread Do you support Photon Bolt and UNET?, As opposed to PUN and Photon Realtime, Bolt and Unity Networking are peer-to-peer style systems, though they do include relay and matchmaking servers, as well. They do not use the same type of authentication mechanisms, so no integration is required. You can use them in conjunction with PlayFab.

About hosting the Photon Bolt Server on PlayFab Multiplayer Server2.0, you can navigate to this thread Photon Bolt on Playfab game server for more suggestions. For summary, you can host a headless servers which be developed using Bolt. You can create a new discussion on the forum or contact the Photon Engine for more help about questions of Photon Bolt.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.